HBase, mail # user - LZO vs GZIP vs NO COMPREESSION: why is GZIP the winner ???

+
Vincent Barat 2010-02-23, 18:39
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2010-02-23, 21:15
+
Vincent Barat 2010-02-24, 09:52
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2010-02-24, 18:10
+
Vincent Barat 2010-02-25, 10:49
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2010-02-25, 18:29
+
Vincent Barat 2010-02-28, 17:30
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2010-02-28, 23:56
+
Dan Washusen 2010-03-01, 00:20
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2010-03-01, 00:24
+
Vincent Barat 2010-03-01, 15:18
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2010-03-01, 19:16
Re: LZO vs GZIP vs NO COMPREESSION: why is GZIP the winner ???
Vincent Barat 2010-03-02, 10:42
Yes, I run my tests several times and the difference was stable.

Le 01/03/10 20:16, Jean-Daniel Cryans a �crit :
>> You are right, there is no region split when I use no compression.
>> Nevertheless, as you say, if everything is in the memstore, how can it be
>> that I see a so big difference between my tests ?
>
> Well did you run your test more than once? Do you see the exact same
> results every time? IMO at that scale the differences could be stuff
> like the memstore got flushed during one test and not the other. I
> really really recommend testing with more data.
>
> J-D

+
Dan Washusen 2010-02-28, 21:46