Zookeeper >> mail # user >> ANN: kazoo 0.2

Re: ANN: kazoo 0.2
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 7:37 AM, Loki Davison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Good to hear! When do you recommend porting from old Kazoo to this?

I'd encourage you to use the new version more or less right away;
putting it through your usual testing/staging/q&a process. Most of the
API's are still present, so there isn't all too much of any porting
required. We've gotten good feedback and usage reports from sites like
reddit and quora.

> How is testing / correctness levels in comparison?

There are a lot more tests now, about a factor of 10x in terms of
lines of code. There's also a new testing framework using a real
3-node ZK cluster for integration tests, which you can also use in
your own tests (http://kazoo.readthedocs.org/en/latest/testing.html).

That said, most of the automated tests use the threading backend, so
the gevent backend is a bit less proven.

Hanno