Pig, mail # user - possible to infer schema from TSV header?

possible to infer schema from TSV header?
Mason 2013-01-15, 22:23
I have TSVs with a lot of columns, and I would like to address them by
name, as specified in the header line (first row), within Pig.

The best I can come up with a.t.m is to write a script that strips the
header line from the file and converts it to the form (col1:string,
col2:string, ...), then plug that schema string into the AS portion of
my LOAD statement. Then I'll project columns I want and manually
typecast them.

Is there a better, simple way?

-Mason