Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> cleanup and subjective patches

+
Benjamin Reed 2011-10-31, 21:06
+
Ted Dunning 2011-10-31, 21:10
+
Benjamin Reed 2011-10-31, 21:15
+
Ted Dunning 2011-10-31, 21:18
Re: cleanup and subjective patches
Thanks to Ted for replying. I will save the mail I started in the drafts
folder until I've calmed down again.

Benjamin Reed:
> deprioritizing them doesn't help because the patches themselves bit
> rot. shortly they will not apply and then they will be worthless. the
> poor contributor would then be left with the task of maintaining a
> patch that would never commit.
You should really give GIT a try. I've kept a pipeline of half a douzend
patches filled and current over the last two months while drinking my morning
coffee.
Likewise have I updated my development branch of over a douzend commits every
morning against the new ZK trunk.

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro
+