Hadoop >> mail # general >> Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0

Re: [VOTE] Release candidate 0.20.203.0-rc0
-1 for rc1

I downloaded and ran the test target 3 times.

First run failed because my umask is defaulted to 0002, which is a known
problem HADOOP-5050 committed to 0.21 but not 0.20.
Set umask to 0022 and re-ran test twice. Both resulted in failure. Here is
the list of failed tests:
    [junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerRestart FAILED
(timeout)
    [junit] Test
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerRestartWithLostTracker FAILED
    [junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestJobTrackerSafeMode FAILED
    [junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestMiniMRMapRedDebugScript FAILED
    [junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestRecoveryManager FAILED
    [junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestTTMemoryReporting FAILED
    [junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TestTaskTrackerLocalization FAILED
    [junit] Test org.apache.hadoop.hdfsproxy.TestHdfsProxy FAILED

I am in favor of releasing hadoop-0.20.203.
And we run a version of this release on a large cluster at eBay. I know it
works.
I understand the controversy behind it. I regret it hasn't been developed in
a true community way.
I think it nevertheless adds value to Apache Hadoop.
Lets just make sure it passes the tests.

Thanks,
--Konstantin