Hadoop >> mail # general >> Hadoop Java Versions

+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-15, 00:16
+
Scott Carey 2011-06-22, 20:27
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-06-22, 20:49
+
Scott Carey 2011-06-23, 02:42
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-23, 12:49
+
Scott Carey 2011-06-26, 19:23
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-27, 11:38
+
Ryan Rawson 2011-06-28, 00:10
+
Ted Dunning 2011-06-28, 00:12
+
Segel, Mike 2011-06-28, 01:54
+
Ryan Rawson 2011-06-28, 02:33
+
Segel, Mike 2011-06-28, 03:49
+
Steve Loughran 2011-06-28, 09:59
+
Michel Segel 2011-06-28, 12:27
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-06-28, 17:25
+
Evert Lammerts 2011-06-30, 21:31
+
Evert Lammerts 2011-06-30, 21:37
+
Aaron Eng 2011-06-30, 23:18
+
Ted Dunning 2011-07-01, 00:16
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-07-01, 00:24
Re: Hadoop Java Versions
Good point Todd.

I was speaking from the experience of people I know who are using 0.20.x

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 5:24 PM, Todd Lipcon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 5:16 PM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > You have to consider the long-term reliability as well.
> >
> > Losing an entire set of 10 or 12 disks at once makes the overall
> > reliability
> > of a large cluster very suspect.  This is because it becomes entirely too
> > likely that two additional drives will fail before the data on the
> off-line
> > node can be replicated.  For 100 nodes, that can decrease the average
> time
> > to data loss down to less than a year.  This can only be mitigated in
> stock
> > hadoop by keeping the number of drives relatively low.  MapR avoids this
> by
> > not failing nodes for trivial problems.
> >

> I'd advise you to look at "stock hadoop" again. This used to be true, but
> was fixed a long while back by HDFS-457 and several followup JIRAs.
>
> If MapR does something fancier, I'm sure we'd be interested to hear about
> it
> so we can compare the approaches.

+
M. C. Srivas 2011-07-01, 04:08