Hive >> mail # user >> Re: [VOTE] Apache Hive 0.12.0 Release Candidate 1

I wasn't able to start webhcat server. It seems to be related to file
permissions.

FWIW, it's not a regression (the same problem existed in Hive 0.11). Having
said that, it makes webhcat pretty unusable out of the box. I
created HIVE-5534 to track this.