Avro, mail # user - Has anyone developed a utility to tell what is missing from a record?

Has anyone developed a utility to tell what is missing from a record?
Jonathan Coveney 2013-04-04, 13:58
I'm working on migrating an internally developed serialization format to
Avro. In the process, there have been many cases where I made a mistake
migrating the schema (I've automated it), and then avro cries that a record
I'm trying to serialize doesn't match the schema. Generally, the error it
gives doesn't help find the actual issue, and for a big enough record
finding the issue can be tedious.

I've thought about making a tool which, given the schema and the record
would tell you what the issue is, but I'm wondering if this already exists?
I suppose the error message could also include this information...

Thanks
Jon