Hadoop, mail # dev - git clone hadoop taking too much time almost 12 hrs

+
maisnam ns 2013-04-10, 01:15
+
Andrew Wang 2013-04-10, 17:34
Re: git clone hadoop taking too much time almost 12 hrs
maisnam ns 2013-04-10, 18:03
Thanks Andrew for your suggestion,I will clone it from the mirror.

Regards
Niranjan Singh
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:04 PM, Andrew Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi Niranjan,
>
> Try doing your initial clone from the github mirror instead, I found it to
> be much faster:
>
> https://github.com/apache/hadoop-common
>
> I use the apache git for subsequent pulls.
>
> Best,
> Andrew
>

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 6:15 PM, maisnam ns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to execute  ----- git clone git://
> > git.apache.org/hadoop-common.git so that I could setup a development
> > environment for Hadoop under the Eclipse IDE but it is taking too much
> > time.
> >
> > Can somebody let me know why it is taking too much time, I have a high
> > speed internet connection and I don't think connectivity is the issue
> here.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Niranjan Singh

+