HBase >> mail # user >> HBase table affinity to host(s)

+
Brennon Church 2012-12-21, 23:54
+
Ted Yu 2012-12-22, 00:19
+
Brennon Church 2012-12-22, 03:30
+
Ted Yu 2012-12-22, 04:28
Re: HBase table affinity to host(s)
Brennon:
I forgot to ask you about other tables you have. Do you allow regions of
other tables to also be assigned to this group of newer servers ?
If you do, there is possibility that the combined load on such new servers
would make response from them slow.

Cheers

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What you describe is akin to HBASE-6721 region server group.
> Basically you want this table to be bound to group of region servers.
>
> Development for 0.94 is on-going, to my knowledge.
>
> Cheers
>

> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 7:30 PM, Brennon Church <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> 0.92.0
>>
>> I was looking at the balancer option.  I'm loathe to turn the automatic
>> balancer off and handle it manually as we have a lot of regions.  Is that
>> the option you were thinking of?  Or am I missing something?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> --Brennon
>>

>> On 12/21/12 4:19 PM, Ted Yu wrote:
>>
>>> Currently there is no such capability - you may need to customize load
>>> balancer.
>>>
>>> What version of HBase are you using ?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Brennon Church <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>  I'm curious, is there any concept of hosting regions from a given table

+
Brennon Church 2012-12-22, 07:01
+
Ted Yu 2012-12-22, 13:48