Flume >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.3.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.3.0-rc3
I've noticed that LICENSE file contains entry protobuf-<version>.jar whereas our binary artifacts seems to be pulling protobuf-java-<version>.jar (filled FLUME-1720 [1]). It do need seems as a blocker to me, but it would be great if someone else with more deeper licensing knowledge would confirm that. As long as this is fine, I'm +1 on the release.

Checked:
* Checksums, signatures seems fine
* "mvn clean compile test verify package" passes for source artifact
* "mvn verify" passes for binary artifact
* CHANGELOG, NOTICE, README, DEVNOTES files seems fine to me

Notes:
* Filled FLUME-1719: Example export command in README do not properly close the string
* Filled FLUME-1720: LICENSE file contain entry for protobuf-<version>.jar, however proper artifact name is protobuf-java-<version>.jar

Jarcec

Links:
1: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1720