Flume >> mail # user >> Spooling fileSuffix attribute ignored

+
ZORAIDA HIDALGO SANCHEZ 2013-05-21, 13:20
+
Phil Scala 2013-05-21, 15:17
+
Mike Percy 2013-05-22, 07:35
+
ZORAIDA HIDALGO SANCHEZ 2013-05-22, 07:43
+
Mike Percy 2013-05-22, 07:59
RE: Spooling fileSuffix attribute ignored
Ah Mike, nice to see the ignore pattern ☺  that’s quite handy.

As for your question to me:
I am still using the 1.3.x version at the moment.  As for comments on the spooled directory source, It still early in development but so far it has worked fairly well, though I have not thrown too much at it, my biggest test was dropping 300 files to be parsed, and it chugged through very nicely)

I am looking at maybe taking a crack at – https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLUME-1899 sub directory support, we recently had some discussions and some of the design may change and warrant implementing that.
One observation I have had from some failure tests, if I kill -9 my agent process mid file processing, when my agent is restarted the spool source will basically start at the top of that same file.  So there are chances for duplicates, and in my use this is good…but It may not be an expectation to others.

I will definitely report back with findings as I move along, this is a fast moving project so I will have some better “numbers”  very soon.

Thanks
  Phil
Phil Scala
Software Developer / Architect
Global Relay

866.484.6630  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]<https://ex1.globalrelay.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=01df0579a4cc42feb9f7e2801368f729&URL=mailto%3ainfo%40globalrelay.net>  |  globalrelay.com<https://ex1.globalrelay.net/owa/redir.aspx?C=01df0579a4cc42feb9f7e2801368f729&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.globalrelay.com%2f>