Accumulo >> mail # user >> Best practices in sizing values?

+
Frank Smith 2013-06-09, 20:37
+
Christopher 2013-06-09, 21:08
+
Frank Smith 2013-06-10, 00:21
+
Christopher 2013-06-10, 00:47
+
Josh Elser 2013-06-10, 00:45
+
Frank Smith 2013-06-10, 00:56
Re: Best practices in sizing values?
You would likely want to keep some common prefix in the key. This would
make seeking to an arbitrary point in the file easier.

e.g.

doc1 data:0000001 [] _bytes_
doc1 data:0000002 [] _bytes_
doc1 data:0000003 [] _bytes_

As far as chunk size, Christopher's advice is probably better than
anything I could provide without direct experimentation with the HDFS
block size, Accumulo table.file.compress.blocksize, and size of each
Value. The best choice for you likely depends on your usage patterns.

You could even store additional metadata for each "document" you store,
such as chunk size, number of chunks, etc. Lots of flexibility with how
you could approach this given the flexibility Accumulo provides with the
columns you can use.

+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-06-10, 01:45