HBase >> mail # user >> HBase Transaction per second in Map-Reduce

Re: HBase Transaction per second in Map-Reduce
You could, but you don't really need to do that.
Of course the size of your cache is tunable and based on how much memory you have.
On a side note... You said you're on CDH3, it doesn't have co-processor support, unless they snuck it in at the last minute.

What I. Think you need to do is to look at the doc in then link provided. GC tuning, good schema design will go a long way towards getting the performance you want.

Mike Segel

On May 24, 2011, at 4:06 PM, Himanish Kushary <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Don't worry..its ok...i am going through one of those days for the last few
> days :-)
>
> Jokes apart, when you talk about Caching, could we put something like
> ehCache in-front of hbase integrated like a level-2 cache on top of the
> already provided block cache ?
>
> - Himanish
>
> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Michael Segel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>

>> Sorry,
>> Its been one of those days.

>>> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> Subject: RE: HBase Transaction per second in Map-Reduce
>>> Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 14:18:28 -0500
>>>

>>> Himanish,
>>>
>>> Are we talking about an African or European Swallow?
>>> (Sorry its a reference to the Monty Python movie scene where they cross
>> the bridge after being asked 3 questions which they must answer correctly?
>> [What's the forward air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?])
>>>
>>> The point is that you're asking a question which has no valid answer
>> because there are so many variables that will effect the timings.
>>>
>>> Just to list a couple of the things that will impact your performance:
>>> 1) Hardware
>>> 2) Network topology
>>> 3) Table schema.
>>> 4) Tuning of Hadoop environment