HBase, mail # user - HBase Thrift inserts bottlenecked somewhere -- but where?

+
Dan Crosta 2013-03-01, 12:17
+
Asaf Mesika 2013-03-01, 14:13
Re: HBase Thrift inserts bottlenecked somewhere -- but where?
Dan Crosta 2013-03-01, 14:17
On Mar 1, 2013, at 9:13 AM, Asaf Mesika wrote:
> Maybe you've the limit of the number of RPC Threads handling your write
> requests per Region Server, thus your requests are queued?

Thanks -- I actually just stumbled across that setting in CDH manager, and am experimenting with raising it.

The HBase book warns "The rule of thumb is to keep this number low when the payload per request approaches the MB (big puts, scans using a large cache) and high when the payload is small (gets, small puts, ICVs, deletes)" -- we do have a pattern of lots of small writes, and infrequent and relatively few large reads. Should I be worried about this?

Thanks,
- Dan
+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-03-01, 17:33