HBase >> mail # user >> optimizing block cache requests + eviction

+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-08, 10:04
+
Ted Yu 2013-07-08, 13:48
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-08, 15:49
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-08, 19:22
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-07-08, 22:53
Re: optimizing block cache requests + eviction
I was able to reproduce the same regionserver asking for the same local
block over 300 times within the same 2 minute window by running one of my
heavy workloads.

Let me try and gather some stack dumps. I agree that jstack crashing the
jvm is concerning but there is nothing in the errors to know why it
happened. I will keep that conversation out of here.

As an addendum, I am using asynchbase as my client. Not sure if the arrival
of multiple requests for rowkeys that could be in the same non-cached block
causes hbase to queue up a non-cached block read via SCR and since the box
is under load, it queues up multiple of these and makes the problem worse.

Thanks,
Viral

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 3:53 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> but unless the behavior you see is the _same_ regionserver asking for the
> _same_ block many times consecutively, it's probably workload related.

+
Jean-Daniel Cryans 2013-07-08, 23:37
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-07-08, 23:45