HBase >> mail # user >> Efficient way to use different storage medium

Re: Efficient way to use different storage medium
Hi Bing,

If you mount all your drives into HDFS, some blocks are going to be on
SSD and some on regular drives. So from reads are going to be fast,
and some others are going to be slow.

On a single machine, I don't think you can specify which table will be
on which drive since the blocks are going to be spread over the
drives.

You will still see some performances improvement since sometime it's
the SSD which is going to be used.

Also, at some points, your SSD drives might be full before your
regular drives. They will removed from valide WRITE destinations, but
will still be used as READs.

JM