Zookeeper, mail # dev - C client & reconfiguration

+
Alexander Shraer 2012-10-10, 18:52
+
Michi Mutsuzaki 2012-10-10, 21:35
+
Alexander Shraer 2012-10-10, 21:48
+
Michi Mutsuzaki 2012-10-10, 22:23
Re: C client & reconfiguration
Marshall McMullen 2012-10-11, 03:46
Alex, one thing I've been meaning to ask you regarding ZK-107 is why there
exists a separate incremental and non-incremental reconfig interface. It
seems things would be simpler on the clients if they only supported the
non-incremental reconfig and let the server sort out which servers are
joining and which are leaving...

Can you explain a bit why both interfaces are required? How is the code
path in the server different depending on which interface you use?

+
Sasha Gmail 2012-10-11, 04:21
+
Marshall McMullen 2012-10-11, 04:25