HBase, mail # user - is there anyway to turn off compaction in hbase

Re: is there anyway to turn off compaction in hbase
Harsh J 2012-08-12, 11:40
Richard,

The property disables major compactions from happening automatically.
However, if you choose to do this, you should ensure you have a cron
job that does trigger major_compact on all tables - for compaction is
a necessary thing, but you just do not want it to happen at any time
it likes to.

Also, all properties to be overriden must go to
$HBASE_HOME/conf/hbase-site.xml, and you do not need to edit source
files and recompile for every config change you want to do.

--
Harsh J