Hadoop, mail # general - Debugging with kerberos enabled

+
Evert Lammerts 2012-03-08, 09:16
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2012-03-09, 00:05
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-03-09, 00:33
Re: Debugging with kerberos enabled
Jitendra Pandey 2012-03-08, 18:14
Hi Evert,
  HADOOP-8078 was recently committed that lets you bring up a kdc in unit
tests and you can test namenode with security on. However, datanodes still
don't come up because they require privileged ports when security is
enabled. But, there is a workaround patch attached to HDFS-3064 which will
allow datanodes to come up as well. Please use same principals for namenode
and all datanodes. The keytabs are also committed as part of HADOOP-8078.

regards