Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] - Release 2.0.5-beta

Re: [VOTE] - Release 2.0.5-beta
+1 (binding).  I think it's important to maintain the release continuity,
otherwise we could end up with the 0.20.2 / 0.20.200 problem all over again
(parallel "stable" dev tracks without a parent-child relationship to each
other, ie with disjoint subsets of functionality).  I consider achieving a
stable basis for API backward compat very important.  And Arun is
committing to hit beta in the very near future.

--Matt