HBase, mail # user - HBase Wire Protocol

+
Matan Amir 2012-12-20, 04:05
+
Stack 2012-12-20, 04:35
+
Matan Amir 2012-12-20, 04:53
Re: HBase Wire Protocol
Stack 2012-12-20, 07:31
On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM, Matan Amir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks St.Ack,
>
> Funny enough, since we use asynchbase internally, i am planning on using
> that model (async, queue per region, time-based push rather than size, etc)
> and I've already started reading through asynchbase inline comments -
> specifically in HBaseRpc.  I was just hoping there was something more
> official.  The VLong encoding is quite something btw > <

Any recommendations for what we should use going forward?  (Benoît on
hadoops' vlong encoding makes for a good read indeed:
https://github.com/OpenTSDB/asynchbase/blob/master/src/HBaseRpc.java#L826)

> I did also notice the protobuf code in HBase trunk but i assume that is for
> a future release (0.96+?)

Yessir.

All pb all the time except for passing of actual KeyValues.  We'll pass
DataBlocks instead.  Clients will say what they can digest (compressions,
etc.).

Keep us in the loop.  We might save you a bit of head banging when you are
trying to figure why something is the way it is.

St.Ack
+
Matan Amir 2012-12-20, 15:35