MapReduce, mail # dev - MetricsContext counterpart in metrics2 framework

+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 18:32
+
Ted Yu 2012-07-10, 22:45
Re: MetricsContext counterpart in metrics2 framework
Luke Lu 2012-07-25, 04:14
There is no MetricsContext in metrics2. The functionality of
MetricsContext is split into MetricsSource, MetricsSystem (the pubsub
system) and MetricsSink. Typical monitoring plugins just implement the
MetricsSink interface and register the implementation and topology in
hadoop-metrics2.properties. See o.a.h.metrics2.sink packages for
examples (FileSink, Ganglia3*Sink etc.)

For design docs see http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HADOOP-6728-MetricsV2

__Luke

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> If anyone is using metrics2 in hadoop 1.0 or 2.0, please share your
> experience.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 11:32 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Pardon my lack of knowledge about metrics2 framework.
>>
>> I don't see MetricsContext in src/core/org/apache/hadoop/metrics2
>>
>> If a user Implements his/her own MetricsContext to plugin to monitoring
>> system, what should he / she do in metrics2 framework.
>>
>> Cheers

+
Ted Yu 2012-07-25, 04:55