MapReduce, mail # user - 'supergroup' in Hadoop

Re: 'supergroup' in Hadoop
Chris Embree 2013-09-12, 01:48
Hadoop (HDFS and MapReduce) get group membership, etc. from the OS.  The
only "exception" is that you define the HDFS Superuser Group in the XML.
 It still must exist at the OS Level, but grants privs at the Hadoop Level.