Hadoop >> mail # general >> HTTP transport?

+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-11, 21:41
+
Patrick Hunt 2009-11-12, 22:22
+
Scott Carey 2009-09-26, 00:36
+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-28, 17:01
+
Owen OMalley 2009-09-28, 17:59
+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-28, 22:42
+
Sanjay Radia 2009-09-29, 18:52
+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-29, 19:43
+
stack 2009-09-29, 20:38
+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-29, 21:08
+
stack 2009-09-29, 21:57
+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-29, 23:17
+
Devaraj Das 2009-09-29, 23:57
+
Scott Carey 2009-09-30, 01:37
+
Eric Sammer 2009-10-05, 20:43
+
Ryan Rawson 2009-10-05, 20:47
+
Eric Sammer 2009-10-05, 20:53
+
Scott Carey 2009-10-06, 02:59
+
Eric Sammer 2009-10-06, 03:15
+
Scott Carey 2009-10-06, 03:30
+
Owen OMalley 2009-10-08, 22:10
+
Doug Cutting 2009-10-09, 17:49
+
Sanjay Radia 2009-10-09, 18:13
+
Doug Cutting 2009-10-09, 19:56
+
Kan Zhang 2009-10-14, 01:59
+
Doug Cutting 2009-10-14, 16:37
+
Kan Zhang 2009-11-06, 19:15
+
Doug Cutting 2009-11-06, 21:06
+
Kan Zhang 2009-10-14, 17:45
+
Scott Carey 2009-10-11, 01:11
+
Scott Carey 2009-10-06, 03:19
+
Scott Carey 2009-09-30, 03:06
+
Ryan Rawson 2009-09-30, 03:20
+
Raghu Angadi 2009-09-29, 22:11
+
Doug Cutting 2009-09-29, 23:35
Re: HTTP transport?

On Sep 29, 2009, at 2:08 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:

> Alternately, we could try to make Avro's RPC more HTTP-friendly, and
> pull stuff out of Avro's payload into HTTP headers.  The downside of
> that would be that, if we still wish to support non-HTTP transports,
> we'd end up with duplicated logic.

I would prefer to retain layer independence so that we can use other
transports.
(I am still not sold on HTTP as a transport so far but am listening
with an open mind).

+
Sanjay Radia 2009-10-05, 16:41
+