HBase, mail # dev - All ok w/ thrift2 going away in trunk/0.95?

Re: All ok w/ thrift2 going away in trunk/0.95?
Stack 2013-05-05, 00:15
On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 12:41 AM, Lars George <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Ted,
>
> I have found that too by just searching all components for "thrift". Is
> that all though? I mean, why are we actually wanting to drop thrift2?

See head of this thread for why to drop it.

Would suggest a comprehensive review of thrift1/thrift2 to see where there
are holes (review of JIRA will not tell you this; my guess is folks tried
thrift2, found issues, then list told them use thrift1... if issues in
thrift1, they might file issues).  For issues found, file issues to fill
the gaps so it is obvious this is getting some attention.  If none, say so.
 Would suggest a bit of testing too so you could confidently state "thrift2
is as comprehensive as thrift1" and can be depended upon, etc.

St.Ack