Hadoop >> mail # user >> Which release to use?

+
Teruhiko Kurosaka 2011-07-14, 23:33
+
Arun C Murthy 2011-07-14, 23:43
+
Isaac Dooley 2011-07-15, 13:13
+
Jonathan Coveney 2011-07-15, 14:32
+
Owen OMalley 2011-07-14, 23:45
+
Adarsh Sharma 2011-07-15, 04:49
+
Robert Evans 2011-07-15, 14:35
+
Michael Segel 2011-07-15, 14:58
+
Owen OMalley 2011-07-15, 16:07
+
Tom Deutsch 2011-07-15, 16:38
+
Rita 2011-07-16, 15:53
+
Steve Loughran 2011-07-17, 19:34
+
Tom Deutsch 2011-07-16, 17:29
+
Michael Segel 2011-07-18, 19:09
+
Jeff.Schmitz@... 2011-07-18, 19:30
+
Michael Segel 2011-07-18, 20:50
+
Rita 2011-07-19, 00:01
Re: Which release to use?

On Jul 18, 2011, at 5:01 PM, Rita wrote:

> I made the big mistake by using the latest version, 0.21.0 and found bunch
> of bugs so I got pissed off at hdfs. Then, after reading this thread it
> seems I should of used 0.20.x .
>
> I really wish we can fix this on the website, stating 0.21.0 as unstable.
It is stated in a few places on the website that 0.21 isn't stable:

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/releases.html#23+August%2C+2010%3A+release+0.21.0+available

"It has not undergone testing at scale and should not be considered stable or suitable for production."

... and ...

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/releases.html#Download

"0.21.X - unstable, unsupported, does not include security"

and it isn't in the stable directory on the apache download mirrors.
+
Rita 2011-07-19, 01:02
+
Allen Wittenauer 2011-07-19, 01:12