Hadoop >> mail # user >> Which release to use?

Re: Which release to use?

On Jul 18, 2011, at 5:01 PM, Rita wrote:

> I made the big mistake by using the latest version, 0.21.0 and found bunch
> of bugs so I got pissed off at hdfs. Then, after reading this thread it
> seems I should of used 0.20.x .
>
> I really wish we can fix this on the website, stating 0.21.0 as unstable.
It is stated in a few places on the website that 0.21 isn't stable:

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/releases.html#23+August%2C+2010%3A+release+0.21.0+available

"It has not undergone testing at scale and should not be considered stable or suitable for production."

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/releases.html#Download

"0.21.X - unstable, unsupported, does not include security"

and it isn't in the stable directory on the apache download mirrors.