Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Fostering a Hadoop security dev community

Re: Fostering a Hadoop security dev community
Huge +1

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 10:31 AM, Alejandro Abdelnur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Is this restricted to the Hadoop project itself or the intention is to
> cover the whole Hadoop ecosystem? If the later, how are you planning to
> engage and sync up with the different projects?

The intent is to cover the entire Hadoop ecosystem. How specifically to
structure the work and engage different projects would depend on what facet
of security is being addressed. I think it would be awesome if the Hadoop
PMC is willing to lend resources for an ongoing virtual meetup on security
concerns (a meetup ecosystem wide) that cross-cut everywhere, and that
makes sense, at least to me, because in many cases we could build from the
core outward and propose uptake of artifacts that solve a common problem on
project specific JIRAs.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy