HBase >> mail # user >> Documentation for append

Re: Documentation for append
I have just gone through the code and trying answering ur questions.
>From what I currently understand, this operation allows me to append bytes
to an existing cell.
Yes
>Does this append by creating a new cell with a new timestamp?
Yes
>Does this update the cell while maintaining its timestamp?
No. It is new cell . There is no actual cell update in HBase
>Assuming I have several versions already, may I choose which version to
append to?
No u cant. It appends to the latest version.

-Anoop-