Hadoop >> mail # general >> Number of Mappers

Re: Number of Mappers
Hi Rahul,

You can not determined set the mapper number as reducer number. The
mapper number is determined by the your InputFormat. If you are using
PigStorage, then the InputFormat is PigTextInputFormat which is a
subclass of TextInputFormat. You can refer TextInputFormat.getSplits()
to see how it split the input.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang