Pig >> mail # user >> Casting parameters to custom LoadFunc (was RE: Restricting loading of log files based on parameter input)

Casting parameters to custom LoadFunc (was RE: Restricting loading of log files based on parameter input)
One quick question:

> A = LOAD '/foo/replace_me_with_regex' USING MyLoadFunc('2013', '1', '28');

Is there any way to use script parameters here and cast them to int? In other words, can LoadFunc constructors only accept Strings?

These do not work:

A = LOAD '/foo/replace_me_with_regex' USING MyLoadFunc($year, $month, $day);
A = LOAD '/foo/replace_me_with_regex' USING MyLoadFunc((int)$year, (int)$month, (int)$day);

This does, but it forces my LoadFunc to accept String parameters and do the casting within:

A = LOAD '/foo/replace_me_with_regex' USING MyLoadFunc('$year', '$month', '$day');

Thanks,
Ian.
+
Cheolsoo Park 2013-02-21, 21:30