Hadoop, mail # user - Regarding a Multi user environment

Re: Regarding a Multi user environment
alo alt 2011-12-18, 11:01
Hi,

if I understood correctly, you want other users than root can stop /
start an entire cluster?
Its possible via sudoers (visudo). Create a group, insert the users
(must be exists on the system) and give the right to run bin/start.sh
and bin/stop.sh.

hope it helps,
 - Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

P Think of the environment: please don't print this email unless you
really need to.