Zookeeper, mail # user - Mounting a remote Zookeeper

Re: Mounting a remote Zookeeper
Benjamin Reed 2011-06-09, 23:05
this is a small nit, but i think the partition proposal works a bit
more like a mount point than your proposal. when you mount a file
system, the mount isn't transparent. two mounted file systems can have
files with the same inode number, for example. you also can't do some
things like a rename across file system boundaries.

in your proposal, what happens if an a client creates an ephemeral
node on the remote ZK cluster. who does the failure detection and
clean up? it also wasn't clear what happens when a client does a read
on the remote ZK cluster. does the read always get forwarded to the
remote cluster? also what happens if the request to the remote cluster
hangs?

thanx
ben