Sqoop, mail # user - Export BLOB from Oracle via Sqoop

+
anil gupta 2013-04-24, 17:48
Re: Export BLOB from Oracle via Sqoop
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-04-24, 22:17
Hi Anil,
the BLOB columns are handled in special way, please take a look into our user guide [1].

Jarcec

Links:
1: http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.3/SqoopUserGuide.html#_large_objects

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 10:48:08AM -0700, anil gupta wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am using Sqoop 1.4.2 with cdh4.2.0 Enterprise. I am trying to use sqoop
> to export the data from a Oracle table that contains blob. But, when i am
> exporting that table through sqoop, BLOB column is not being exported. Can
> anyone tell me whether Sqoop supports exporting Oracle Blob's? If not, is
> there a way that i can write my own custom java code(mapper?) to export
> Blob and use it with sqoop.
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards,
> Anil Gupta