Flume >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.3.0

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.3.0 rc5
Hi Brock,
This is the output I get from an unpacked pristine source tarball and a
pristine (unbuilt) clone of the tag:

[~/Downloads/flume-1.3.0-rc5/apache-flume-1.3.0-src]
{mpercy@silverdoom}$ diff -rq . ~/src/flume.pristine
Only in /Users/mpercy/src/flume.pristine: .git
Only in /Users/mpercy/src/flume.pristine: .gitignore
Only in /Users/mpercy/src/flume.pristine: contrib
Only in ./flume-ng-sinks/flume-ng-elasticsearch-sink: data
Only in ./flume-ng-tests: .classpath
Only in ./flume-ng-tests: .project
Only in ./flume-ng-tests: .settings

.git should not be in the tarball obviously so that's fine, .gitignore
doesn't have functionality for Flume but it's checked in and tagged - so
theoretically we should include it I believe, contrib is an OG straggler
and should be removed from the source tree altogether, and I guess an empty
directory from elastic search and a few generated files were included in
the tarball.

I just filed a JIRA and attached a patch to delete contrib/ from trunk:

IMHO, it's not worth rolling another RC for any of this stuff. It could be
worth documenting this check on the release checklist for the next release
cycle though.

Regards,
Mike