Accumulo, mail # user - Accumulo software and processes owner

Re: Accumulo software and processes owner
Terry P. 2013-04-26, 21:24
Thanks guys.  Adam, what you laid out gives me exactly what I needed.

Josh, when adding the recommendation to the docs to use 'accumulo' account,
for newbs like me it would also help to provide the info Adam shared as
well.  Right now the user manual pretty much assumes you know exactly what
you're doing with HDFS, which (as I am proof of!) is not always the case.

John, are you referring to 1.5?  I don't see an assembly/init.d directory
in 1.4.2.  And while 1.4.2 does have the etc_initd_accumulo script, it does
not have any 'su' commands in it to su to an accumulo (or otherwise-named)
account to start Accumulo, which is also one of the main reasons I wanted
to ask the question.

Thanks again gang.