HBase >> mail # user >> RS not processing any requests

+
Nathaniel Cook 2012-09-05, 21:58
+
Stack 2012-09-05, 22:39
+
Jeff Whiting 2012-09-05, 22:51
Re: RS not processing any requests
Your RS priority handlers are blocked on meta lookup, so it becomes
unresponsive. Looks like you hitting
You running HBase replication? just confirming.

Himanshu

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Nathaniel Cook <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> We ran a jstack on the both the RS process and the hbase shell process
>> trying to do the scan.
>>
>> Jstack log for RS:
>> http://pastebin.com/9Y9t5ERE
>>

> What JVM (I don't know what (20.10-b01 mixed mode) is).
>
> I see a bunch of this:
>
> "PRI IPC Server handler 5 on 60020" daemon prio=10
> tid=0x00002aaac10a1800 nid=0x92f waiting for monitor entry
> [0x000000004ab0f000]
>    java.lang.Thread.State: BLOCKED (on object monitor)
>         at .....
>
> But when I go to look for other instances of the object monitor, I
> don't find any.  I see this for each instance of BLOCKED (Or at least,
> the two or three I checked).
>
> Whats your OS?
>
> St.Ack
+