Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Dynamically reconfiguring a one-way deployment

+
Mohammad Shamma 2013-05-31, 19:14
Re: Dynamically reconfiguring a one-way deployment
Hi Mohammad,

This is expected - standalone mode uses a different protocol stack and
that stack doesn't support reconfiguration.
There have been interest in allowing single-server ensembles with the
normal multi-server stack, but I'm not sure what's the status
of this work.

Alex
On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 12:14 PM, Mohammad Shamma
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I am trying to grow a zookeeper deployment incrementally using the dynamic
> reconfiguration feature. While I have been able to dynamically add new
> servers to ensembles of size greater or equal to two, I have not been able
> to reconfigure a one-way zookeeper deployment (a.k.a. standalone zookeeper
> server).
>
> I was wondering if this behaviour is expected, and whether this is
> something that might be addressed in the future.
>
> Thanks,
>
> --
> Mohammad Shamma
+