Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: are we able to decommission multi nodes at one time?

Re: are we able to decommission multi nodes at one time?
Note though that its only possible to decommission 7 nodes at the same
time and expect it to finish iff the remaining 8 nodes have adequate
free space for the excess replicas.

If you're just going to take them down for a short while (few mins
each), its easier to do so in a rolling manner without need of a
decommission. You can take upto two down at a time on a replication
average of 3 or 3+, and put it back in later without too much data
movement impact.

--
Harsh J
+