HBase >> mail # user >> SSD vs Spinning disks

+
Lucas Stanley 2013-06-11, 00:44
Re: SSD vs Spinning disks
Currently this feature is not available.  But there is a JIRA that has been
raised to help in achieving this.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6572.  Feel free to give your
comments over there.

Regards
Ram
On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 6:14 AM, Lucas Stanley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If I understand HBase's architecture correctly, it is only the WAL that
> needs to be placed on a SSD to make writes perform better?
>
> Because a write comes to a region server, then goes to the WAL and
> memstore. If the WAL is on SSD on this node and 2 other DataNodes, then the
> append writes will finish much faster, right?
>
> So, is there a way in HDFS to tell it to only put the HBase WALs
> (/hbase/.logs/) on a SSD disk and to keep the other HFiles on traditional
> spinning disks?

+
Andrew Purtell 2013-06-11, 15:19
+