Drill >> mail # dev >> How to enable Drill log to analyze query execution

How to enable Drill log to analyze query execution
Hi all,

Hope you don't mind if I ask couple of "beginner" questions, as Drill is a
brand new thing to me currently.

1. Enable Drill log.
I tried to follow the instruction at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/How+To+Run+Drill+with+Sample+Data

At the bottom, it suggested use Lilith to view / analyze the log from
Drill. I went through the links there, still have no idea how to set up .

 Q1 : Do I have to install Lilith on the same machine where Drill is
running?  What kind of connection will Lilith use to "fetch" log data from
Drill?

I have a Ubuntu 12.0.4 box with Drill, and Lilith installed on a Windows
desktop. Can this kind of configuration work?

  Q2:  Is there any setup so that the "logback socket appender" for Drill
will be enabled?

2.  Eclipse IDE

I followed instructions
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DRILL/Sources+and+Setting+Up+Development+Environment,
which probably is a bit old (Dated Feb, 2013).

After import the source code into Eclipse IDE running on Windows Desktop,
it shows many packages are missing, and compiler errors.

On Ubuntu box, I noticed the directory .m2/repository contains lots of
dependency .jar, and the $DRILL_HOME/.classpath file will add those .jar to
classpath.

On Windows Eclipse,  I also saw directory .m2/repository.  However, the
Eclipse project seems not know how to locate those dependency .jar.

My question is :  Do I have to "manually" add those .jar to the project's
build path, to fix the compiler error from Eclipse?

PS: In Eclipse, "Maven install" failed with error:

testMultipleRowGroups(org.apache.drill.exec.store.ParquetRecordReaderTest)
 Time elapsed: 0.138 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.io.IOException: File already exists:/tmp/test.parquet
Thanks a lot for any help!