HBase >> mail # user >> hbase many-to-many design

+
jing wang 2012-08-24, 02:37
Re: hbase many-to-many design
If you are you adding a new column to the team column family, I dont think
multi version comes into picture. Multi Versioning is saving copies of
values of a particular cell, but you are creating a new cell within the
same row.
Best Regards,
Sonal

<http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 8:07 AM, jing wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi 'user',
>
>      This is a many-to-many question, I also infer the hbase design FAQ,
> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/FAQ_Design.
>      What I want to do is desinging a 'user' table, incluing 'user' basic
> infomations(columnFamily1), and team-name 'user' joined in(columnFamily2),
>      When a user join in a new Team, I want to update the 'user' table to
> add a column to 'columnFamily2'. So when getting the user , I get all the
> team-names the user join in.
>      Yet I don't want to put duplicate records, known as multi-versions,
> each user has only one record.
>      What should I do?
>
>     Any advice will be appreciated!
>

> Thanks & Best Regards