HBase >> mail # user >> RE: endpoint coprocessor performance

+
Kimdhamilton 2013-03-06, 04:54
+
Kim Hamilton 2013-03-08, 01:02
+
Gary Helmling 2013-03-08, 01:34
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-08, 01:35
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-08, 01:13
+
Kim Hamilton 2013-03-05, 01:14
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-05, 01:43
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-03-05, 02:05
+
James Taylor 2013-03-05, 01:58
Re: endpoint coprocessor performance
> Check your logs for whether your end-point coprocessor is hitting
> zookeeper on every invocation to figure out the region start key.
> Unfortunately (at least last time I checked), the default way of invoking
> an end point coprocessor doesn't use the meta cache. You can go through a
> combination of the following instead:
>     HRegionLocation regionLocation = retried ?
>         connection.relocateRegion(**tableName, tableKey) :
>         connection.locateRegion(**tableName, tableKey);
> Then call HConnection.processExecs call, passing in the regionKeys from
> above.
> You can trap the error case of the region being relocated and try again
> with retried = true and it'll update the meta data cache when
> relocateRegion is called.

Any idea if we have an improvement logged in JIRA for this?  This is
definitely something we should improve on.
+
Gary Helmling 2013-03-05, 02:30
+
Stephen Boesch 2013-03-05, 04:08