Pig >> mail # user >> get schema in StorageFunc

get schema in StorageFunc
Hi All,

I'd like to get the schema of a relation that is used in conjunction
with my custom StorageFunc.  I found 'checkSchema' to be useful for
this case, however, it seems to work only in local mode.  When run in
distributed mode, 'checkSchema' is not invoked in mappers.
Is there some other means to retrieve the schema?

Thanks in advance,

stan
+
Dmitriy Ryaboy 2011-11-08, 03:42