HBase, mail # user - Problems with hbase.hregion.max.filesize

Re: Problems with hbase.hregion.max.filesize
lars hofhansl 2013-12-14, 21:14
Did you observe anything interesting with such a large Java heap?
You said you have 3G for the memstore, most of the rest is for the block cache I assume.
Any long GC pauses, or other strange behavior?

Thanks.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Timo Schaepe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:27 AM
Subject: Re: Problems with hbase.hregion.max.filesize

Sorry, forgot our Hardwareconfiguration…

1 NameNode/SecondaryNameNode/HBase master
31 Datanodes/Regionserver

All of them with
2x XEON E5-2640 2.5 GHz
128 GB RAM
/dev/sda 90 GB
/dev/sdb 1.1 TB
/dev/sdc 1.1 TB

where sda are SSDs disks for system and sdb and sdc are disks for HDFS/HBase

Heapsize for Regionserver: 80 GB

bye,

    Timo