MapReduce >> mail # user >> Updating SequenceFiles?

Updating SequenceFiles?
I am currently using a SequenceFile as input to my MR job (on Hadoop
1.0.3).  This works great, as my input is just a bunch of binary
blobs.

However it seems SequenceFile is only intended to append new data and
never update existing entries.  Is that correct?

If so, would i be better off moving to something like HBase?

- Robert