MapReduce, mail # dev - Hadoop Tools Layout (was Re: DistCpV2 in 0.23)

Re: Hadoop Tools Layout (was Re: DistCpV2 in 0.23)
Allen Wittenauer 2011-09-06, 23:46

On Sep 6, 2011, at 4:32 PM, Eli Collins wrote:

> IMO if the tools module only gets stuff like distcp that's maintained
> then it's not contrib, if it contains all the stuff from the current
> MR contrib then tools is just a re-labeling of contrib. Given that
> this proposal only covers moving distcp to tools it doesn't sound like
> contrib to me.

At one point, everything in contrib was maintained.  So I guess the big question is: what is the gating criteria for something to get entry into tools?