MapReduce, mail # user - How do find the version of Hadoop inside a running Map or reduce task

Re: How do find the version of Hadoop inside a running Map or reduce task
David Rosenstrauch 2012-11-05, 21:08
On 11/05/2012 04:02 PM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> On 11/05/2012 03:54 PM, Steve Lewis wrote:
>> I need to determine what version of Hadoop is running - say under AWS - I
>> really want to use an API or properties in the running code but do not
>> know
>> how - any ideas
>
> Probably not the best way, but one possible way:  make a call to
> Runtime.exec() and call "hadoop -version".
>
> DR

Sorry, make that "hadoop version".

Also, FYI, it looks like that command just calls out to methods in
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r0.20.2/api/org/apache/hadoop/util/VersionInfo.html
.  So you can probably query those directly.

DR