Flume, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.2.0 (rc1)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flume version 1.2.0 (rc1)
Mike Percy 2012-07-12, 18:34
On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 7:04 AM, Jarek Jarcec Cecho <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> 1) Both tar.gz archives contain same folder. Would be nice if the folder
> would be the same as the archive name minus the suffix. E.g. so that
> archive apache-flume-1.2.0-bin.tar.gz would contain directory
> apache-flume-1.2.0-bin instead of apache-flume-1.2.0.

I looked into changing the build to generate files with this layout,
however I didn't see an easy way with the current setup. I punted on this
to reduce the number of manual steps involved in a release and therefore
reduce the likelihood of making a mistake.

2) LICENSE file is the some for both source and binary distribution. As a
> result the source distribution contain license notes to jars that are no
> part of the source release. It's little bit confusing.

I added the following text to the LICENSE file in order to indicate when
the licenses apply, and I checked the changes into trunk to reduce the
manual steps required of the RM during a release:

"The *compiled* Apache Flume distribution includes the following
sources/binaries. The use of these sources/binaries is subject to the terms
and conditions of their respective licenses." (my emphasis)

Regards,
Mike